Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lots of new things...

We got new furniture!! A few weeks ago Brian and I went shopping and ended up buying a new chair and couch for our family/living room. Our old couches went to the basement so that we can entertain down there too. As you can see we got a lazy boy reclining chair, Brian picked it out and he loves watching his sports in it. I don't really see myself ever getting a chance to sit it in unless I steal it when Brians not home. Oh well I guess it is a guy thing. In other news, I am still not really subbing. My tutoring job started today though so that is three afternoons a week, hopefully subbing will pick up. God has plan, we know it, but it is hard trying to understand it sometimes. Good news for Ohioians...we will be in Mentor next weekend!!! Brian and I are flying in on Thursday night, his brothers are playing hockey in Youngstown so his parents are coming too. We will be in town until Sunday afternoon. I am exicted to see my sisters and friends and family.
Brian's favorite spot in the house
Our new couch and chair together, I just love the pillows, they came with the couch
So here is our laundry room, I was very busy this week while Brian was gone for five days in Nashville. I cleaned the whole house and organized lots of stuff. Brian suprised me in the summer when I came to visit with this laundry room, he painted it and laid the floor all by his self. He is such a great guy...I am so lucky.

This is our newly painted guestbedroom. I painted all by myself while my man was gone. I am so proud, I just had to show a picture. Oh now the room is all set, it just needs some guests... any takers?
And last but not least, this was my final project while Brian was gone. Our office is black and white, so I designed a photo wall of family and friends all in black and white. I love pictures and now when I work in the office I can see all of our friends and family.

2 comments:

Andy and Julie Emerine said...

Wow Jeni! Looks like you've been getting a lot done! I'm so proud of you & your house looks awesome! I'm ready to hop into that guest bed with Andy & Caleb...think we'd fit? ha!
So you're coming to Ohio but not to Toledo, huh? We've got so much going on next weekend or else I'd hit the road to come see you! I REALLY would! I miss my Jeni :(

mom soeder said...

Hey Jeni the rooms are really looking nice. You did a really good job. Did Brian realize that he was marrying an interior designer too. I really love the purple room (which you knew I would) but it looks great with the khaki accent things. just count your blessings that you can get all this stuff done now while teaching is slow, I'M sure it will pick up and you'll be crazy busy like the rest of us not being able to get anything done in one day or two for that matter. love and miss you guys ,looking forward to your visit. Love Mom S.