Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Introducing our newest addition

Brian was out of town in North Carolina from February 23rd to February 29th. I was off of work and trying my best to rest. My dad arrived on Tuesday February 28th and we were planning on hanging out for a few days before baby Ally was scheduled to come. However Ally had different plans (imagine that).

On Wednesday morning I woke up with slight spotting, I was scheduled to see the doctor for my 39 week check up so I packed my bags because I was nervous he was going to make me go to the hospital. Brian's flight got in at 8:30am and he headed to work to get some stuff done. My doctor's appointment went fine, spotting was normal and unless I had contractions I was okay. So my dad, Matt, and I headed to meet Brian for lunch. We enjoyed lunch and then came back home to put Matt down for a nap. Brian decided to take a shower and so I laid down to take a nap on the couch. I could finally breathe a sigh of relief that my hubby was home and Ally was still in my belly, well that sigh of relief happened at the same time that my water broke. I quickly got Brian and we headed to the hospital. I was starting to have contractions as well. When we got to the hospital and they realized that I had eaten lunch they told me we needed to wait a while until they would do a c-section. So they monitored me and got me all set-up. At 7:15pm I was prepped and ready to go. Our family was all here and waiting and baby Ally made her debut at 7:30pm. Everything went smoothly and mom and baby did great.

39 1/2 weeks pregnant, in the parking lot of the hospital
Big brother ready to go
Our last picture as a family of three

Allyson Marie Gardner
9 lbs 20.25 inches
7:30pm 2.29.12
My mom would have been so proud, Ally is named after my mom, Kim Marie.
Our first photo as a family of four

 Papa and YaYa Gardner  
My hubby and our kiddos
 Papa Soeder got to hold Ally right away. And has been such a big help with Matt these last few days. Thank Dad, I love you.

No comments: