Thursday, January 5, 2012

Visiting Ohio after Christmas

The day after Christmas we made the trip to Ohio to visit my family. Matt did great in the car, Mickey Mouse Club House and plenty of snacks were my lifesavers. While in Ohio we got to spend a ton of time with my family. We stayed at my dad's and Matt just loved being at Papa's house. Brian and I enjoyed the chance to sleep in a bit when Matt and Papa got up early (thanks Dad!!) We even took a two day mini trip to Kalahari Indoor Water Park in Sandusky with my dad and sisters. We all had a blast at the water park and even talked about returning this year.

Matt showing of his Thomas backpack that Papa Soeder got him. He just loved it and my dad did a great job shopping for Matt this year. He even went to Toys R Us on Christmas Eve.

Matt and Maddie playing on the bike. And then Matt showing off his new OSU pj's
Playing his new game with Aunt Jamie and Uncle Kenny (BIG)
 Helping Papa make meatballs
While at Kalahari Matt wanted to play in the 4 story tree house playground. Daddy went with him and let's just say it made Daddy very tired later.

 Playing in the kiddie area
 Matt showing off his gummy worm that Papa got him (he enjoyed lots of candy on this trip thanks to my family)

All of us outside of the resort

 Enjoying the wave pool 
Matt and Aunt Jamie were pillow fighting

While in Ohio Brian and I celebrated 5 years of marriage. We were able to enjoy a nice dinner together and then we had cake to celebrate with my family. We have been blessed with 5 amazing years of marriage and can't wait to see what the future holds.

No comments: